Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Cooking Classes have finished

Yes, I have been taking cooking classes! I wanted to take a night course to fill an evening a week, so I could get out of the house and do something! I convinced my flatmate Cameron to come with me.

We had 6 weeks of cooking classes at the local high school. Many different dishes were made, and with my dislike of onions, this proved to be interesting!

1st week: Leek and Feta Pie
2nd week: Mediterranean Frittata and Smoked Fish Frittata
3rd week: Tuna & Lemon Pasta and Tomato & Mint Fettuccine
4th week: Spicey Beef Stroganoff and some Lamb dish (don't know what it was called)
5th week: Caramel & Pecan Cheesecake and Dutch Ginger Cake (turned out like a biscuit though!)
6th week: Orange & Lemon Beef (Chinese dish) and Tart Tatin (French dish - upsidedown apple pie)

It was heaps of fun and now I'm hooked on this night class thing!
What will I do next term?!