Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hooray for Spring!

I'm feeling the warmth and the longer days already. It's great not having to drive to and from work in the dark! Bring on summer, I say!!!! I know I've just had one and missed the main part of winter here, but I don't care! I want summer again! Would skip winter every year if I could afford to. I'm just not a cold weather person.

A brief update on life to date:
Had a mystery bottle auction at work for a social club fundraiser. Lots of bottles wrapped in newspaper and people bidding on them. It was heaps of fun. Last week the social club went to the movies to see The Lake House. If you get over the fact of time travel, then it's quite a sweet movie!

2 friends that have been living in England the past 2 years came to NZ for a visit. Got to catch up with them twice for dinner while they were here!! It was great to see Al & Penny after 2 years and it kinda sucks it will probably be another 2 years before we see each other again. Miss you guys!!

Went home this past weekend as Nana was staying with Mum for the weekend before heading back to the South Island after their 3 weeks in Australia. Good to see The Nana as I haven't seen her since about January. I also got to catch up with some long lost friends from school! We went tenpin bowling at 13th Ave bowling alley in Tauranga. It looks exactly the same as it did 15 years ago!!!!!! Then we headed to The Cornerstone Pub on The Strand for drinks and watch the Bay beat Tasman!! GO THE BAY!!!!

Oh that's a summary of my life since my last blog entry, and it's not too exciting for reading, but I've had a great time! My next challenge - looking for a new car! Both Rach and I are keen to replace our cars, so we are both on the hunt. I would like to get mine before my next warrent of fitness is due, which is the end of October, but I may be hoping for too much!!

PS: to my cousin Diane - I don't have a valid email address for you so I couldn't email you for your birthday!! Hope you had a good weekend!!! Email me with your current email address so we can keep in contact!