Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Friday, June 09, 2006

¡Hola!

Time for another quick update.
I am currently sitting in Barcelona. We arrived this evening and have a bit of free time so thought I´d put an entry here.

Since I last wrote, we´ve been very busy!!!

We started our Contiki tour on Sunday 4 June from London. Our first stop was Paris!!!! One of my life goals was to get to Paris!! Now it´s actually happened. Of course there wasn´t enough time spent there, but that´s what Contiki tours are about!! The night we arrived our bus driver and tour manager took us on a little drive around the city. This helped us work out what we wanted to see on our day in the city the next day and to see it at night!!! It is a beautiful city!!!

The next day we got dropped off at the Eiffel Tower. We waited in line for AGES but eventually got to go up the tower. The very top was closed once we got to the front of the line, but going up to the second level was still awesome.
From there, I managed to loose everyone (as did a few others I found out later!). I wasn´t going to let that stop me from seeing the city. Did all the usual stuff - Champs Elysees, Place de la Concorde, Lourve, Notre Dame plus just walking along the Seine River. Beautiful!
That night we went to a lovely french restaurant. I had snails as my entree. Had to be brave and try new things. Big surprise - I LOVED THEM!!!! They had a garlic/pesto sauce and weren´t as chewy as I thought they´d be. After dinner we headed to a cabaret show. Lots of lovely girls dancing, but the filler acts were actually more interesting (they guys on tour would say otherwise!!)

The next day we drove to a place just out of Lyon (halfway down France). The next day we headed out to the Contiki Château for some wine tasting and a french picnic. A nice, quiet, relaxing day.

Today we drove from Lyon to Barcelona. It was nearly 9 hours to drive, so this evening nothing much has happened. Had a typical Spanish dinner and early bed I think! Tomorrow is an exploring day!