Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

the latest

Well, actually, there isn't too much to report since I last wrote, but you know I'm just going to blah on anyway!

Since I last wrote, I've had a couple of job opportunities come up. One was a helpdesk job where I'd just sit on my butt for 8 hours a day answering questions about Microsoft Office - BORING. They pay was going to be AWESOME (yay for the private sector!) but not worth it to turn my brain to mush. The other I went for an interview for has been "frozen" as the company has been bought out by another. Oh well, probably wouldn't have taken that job as it was a sole position with you being the only IT person in Hamilton, and therefore in an office by yourself. I'd go crazy! I did apply for another job in Cambridge at the district council there, but haven't heard anything yet, and it's been a couple of weeks. Think I'll write that job off.

Have been out for Indian food a couple of times the past 2 weeks and I have a new favourite dish! Lamb Korma! Not something I would've tried if I knew what was in it, but I didn't - so I tried it and it was YUM! Went out last night with Rach, Cam and Jo to Masala Club and ordered it for a second time, just to check. YEP! Still love it! Though I have to say that Masala Club is definately over-rated. The amount we got was quite small that after I'd finished, I didn't feel full. Most other Indian restaurants I've been to, you come out full and usually have some left on your plate!

On the 18th it was my workmate Andrew's birthday. I made him a cake shaped as Pacman! He's a retro kinda guy. He loved the cake although he did seem quite embarassed about getting it. Tasted yum too, despite the bright icing! The photo is from my phone, so isn't too bright. That yellow icing was as bright as you can imagine!

Tomorrow is Loud Shirt Day, so will let you know how that goes. Not sure I can find anything, although my cheeky sister said she didn't have anything and could she borrow one of mine! Like I have ANY, let alone more than one??!!!!! Cheeky Cow!