Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

another birthday!

On Friday saw the start of Cameron's long birthday weekend!
We met at Le Dome, a Belgium cafe and bar, after work. By the time I got there just after 5pm, Cam had already polished off his first of MANY beers! Gotta love Stella on tap! So Rach, Cam, Tobi, Jo, Kim, Quentin, myself and 3 of Cam's Stud Ville mates had a lovely dinner. It was a great social evening with lots of chatting and lots of beer consumption (ok that was just Cam and Tobi).
Sadly, the night was not all great. By the time I got home, I wasn't feeling too good. Spent the rest of the night with major stomach pains and feeling sick. Thought it was something I ate, but several days later, I'm still not 100% (could have what Hayley had - totally feel ya!).

Saturday, after finally dragging my sorry butt out of bed, Jo and I headed to Auckland. We did a bit of shopping before heading in to see Jeremy Corbett's comedy show, which I might add, we got to see for free! The main reason we were in Auckland was to see another comedy show. We just happened to find out about Jeremy's free one online. Show a ticket to another comedy show and we were in!
The show we paid to see was Ardal O'Hanolon. You will know him as Father Dougal from the TV show, Father Ted! So it was 3 hours of comedy! A fantastic night! You know what's not good though - laughing while you have a stomach bug! Kinda hurt, but it was worth it!! Plus who doesn't love a good Irish accent??!!!


Sunday morning saw me waking up at 6.30am. It's my normal wakeup time, but it really sucks on a Sunday morning!! But it was still exciting cause I was going to see all my friends from Camp Quality! Can't believe it's May already! But the first weekend of May is generally Camp Quality reunion! We had organised a number of things to make this reunion something exciting, as previous ones have been lots of adults talking and the kids get a bit bored. Sadly, most of the things fell through (sadly this is sometimes happens when you rely on others). Next year will be bigger and better! Jo will be camp manager for next year's camp, so it'll rock! It was still a great day and I enjoyed catching up with friends I hadn't seen since camp.

It was a full on weekend but it was great fun!