Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Friday, May 11, 2007

My first real photography job!

OK when I say "real", I mean I actually got paid!!! My first real job was to photograph Camp Quality for a week.

Anyway, today I had my first WEDDING photography job! We got this through the night class we did at the high school. The bride saw the course, and as it was her second wedding, she didn't want to pay the mega dollars for a professional photographer. She contacted the school to see if any students would want the job for a small fee. There were 3 of us on the course that had never photographed a wedding, so the class voted for us to do it. After the tutor told the bride how many photographers she could have, she said she didn't mind if all 3 of us wanted to have a go. We would've done it for free, but she paid us a small fee for our time. Sadly, as I'm the only one who uses film, I will use mine on film and developing. All part of the experience though. And we can use our photos for our portfolios (no I don't even have one yet!)

It was great fun to do wedding but the weather was pretty bad, so the bride called off the photos after we'd only done a few wedding party shots. She was happy with what we'd already done so fingers crossed that they turn out!

I will post some photos later when I get them developed.

So if you want to book me as a photographer...
I can do all occassions, not just weddings!

Prefer weekends though as I think I'll be pushing my luck in the future to get more time off my Mon-Fri job to take photos!!!