Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Monday, September 29, 2008

September

Here's a brief summary of my month of September.

The first weekend was spent in Auckland on Camp Quality's mini camp. I helped organise the camp, so it was nice to see that everyone enjoyed themselves. Back to that later.
I had to spend the first part of the Friday at the hospital with a full bladder. Of course it would be the day the ultrasound machine would have a breakdown, so they ran over half an hour over time! Do they not realise how hard it is to hold on as it is, let alone with a delay!! It was worth the wait though! I had been on the waiting list since 6th May, so on the 5th September, I finally had an appointment. I have the all clear, so it was worth it in the end.

Anyway, back to more exciting things!! The buses started picking up people in Rotorua and Tauranga, then finally merged in Hamilton to pick the rest of us up. We stopped in Huntly where the local Lions club had organised a great meal for us!
They did feed the kids up with lots of fizzy drink, so we had a few pit stops along the way, but we finally got to Henderson (West Auckland) where our camp was.

On the Saturday we packed our lunches and headed off on the bus at 9am. We headed to Manakau to Butterfly Creek and Treasure Island mini golf. We spent the morning there, doing the 2 different activities.



After lunch we got back in the buses and headed to Avondale to the ice skating rink! Quite impressed the kids lasted about 1.5 hours on the ice!


We had a bit of time to kill afterwards before dinner, so we took them for a drive over the Harbour Bridge. Most of them hadn't been over it, although most had been to Auckland for treatment. Then we cruised up Queen Street in our buses!!

On Sunday we packed up the buses and headed south again to Rainbow's End. We were VERY lucky with the weather, as it was meant to be pouring with rain that day, but it was fine and clear all day!!

Thanks to all those who made the camp a great experience!!

This last weekend of September just been was the second Camp Quality training weekend. This time, Trudy and I were running the training! I felt quite nervous and under prepared. I know that there was a bit of pressure for us to run it, as they really wanted a trained trainer.

But if I do say so myself, we did a great job! Actually, we did hear that from a number of people, which was good. I know these training workshops can get quite boring, from past experience. So we made it a point to have energisers between each session, and also make the sessions more light-hearted. Yay us for doing a good job!