Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Cowboys.....in love.....NO?!

On Saturday, Stephanie from work came up to Hamilton for an appointment, so we decided to meet for lunch afterwards. Went to Breakers for a quick bite (not that great). When you ask for a sandwich without something, you'd expect it not to be there right?! Silly me, what was I thinking?? hmmmmm......

Anyway, we went to see Brokeback Mountain at Rialto. I'm really surprised that it wasn't at Village Cinemas, but doesn't bother me cause the seats are better at Rialto!

Review: Was a typical forbidden love story.....if you forget the fact they are gay cowboys. It was a standard story, they love each other but can't have each other.
The "famous tent scene" was totally over talked. You rarely saw the two of them in the same shot, so it's not as bad as they made it out (excuse the pun). There were a few intense kisses through the movie, but personally, it didn't gross me out.
Still a good movie to go see, but it can wait til it's out on DVD.