Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Nana visiting from the South Island

It was lovely to see Nana again yesterday. I haven't seen her since we were at her 80th birthday (Dec 2004 - so just over a year). Don't get to see her too often cause she lives in Geraldine, which is a couple of hours south of Christchurch.

Mum drove her and Nana over to Hamilton to visit me and Jo, so she could see where we live, etc, plus Jo was working again, so was generally just easier.

Nothing too exciting happened really......they came over for lunch, so we sat around and chatted for a couple of hours. Then Jo had to dash off to work at 1pm. Mum, Nana and I decided to go for a walk around the Hamilton Gardens. The weather was great, which was lucky as we saw 3 wedding parties getting photos taken. Here are my own portrait attempts....
Chinese Garden

Japanese Garden

Indian Garden

From the gardens we took a little drive to see where Jo lives and works (don't worry Jo, we didn't go around your house, just saw from the outside!)

That night I went to Kim and Q's house to watch some movies (I was home alone and feeling lonely!!). We watched War of the Worlds - quite good but not completely what I expected. The Q put on Sin City. SOOO not my thing. Once I realised I'd slept through half of it, I excused myself and headed home. I just felt like company as I'd had quite a depressing week.