Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

60 days to go!

Insurance companies suck!!! Only 60 days till we leave and I'm starting to stress!

Called the credit card company yesterday - because I get free travel insurance if I pay at least 50% of my "prepaid" expenses on the credit card. They have a new policy that if you pay AFTER 28th February, then you come under their new policy - which has dropped from 90 days cover to 35 days!!!! And did I pay my full costs before then.......noooooo!

So rang them up again today (after I'd calmed down - no point getting argo to the CSOs) and explained that I paid for my flight in November (which automatically activated my insurance) and then this year decided to go on a Contiki (slight extension of the truth). Because I was now paying more than the $2000 I paid in Nov, this now made my insurance invalid under the new policy. After some discussion with her colleague, they decided to allow me the travel insurance under the new policy as I always intended to pay more than 50% on the credit card.

AM I EXCITED OR WHAT??!!! That drama just saved me $300 for travel insurance! Woo hoo!