Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

I've had the best weekend!


This weekend has been fantastic!!!! Heaps of things to do, people to see, etc and it's all be great!

On Saturday I went to my friend Marie Boyer's wedding. Her and I have probably been friends since we were about 8 years old. Glad to see our friendship has lasted this long! So Marie married Chris Barrett from Tokoroa, so yes, it was another day in Tokoroa (cause 5 days a week isn't enough, I had to make it 6!!)

The ceremony was held in a reserve just south of Tokoroa. It was absolutely pouring down all Friday night and even up til about 10am on Saturday. But the Gods were smiling on her as the weather cleared up and the grass wasn't even that soggy!! They brought in a lovely archway with flowers all over it for them to marry under. Marie and the bridal party arrived in 2 Holdens......much to the new father-in-law's disgust! (obviously a Ford fan). As she walked in, the sun shone bright and she looked BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely stunning!

Mark (father) and Marie

Chris and Marie
(the happy couple)

After the ceremony we went back into town to the Bowling Club for the reception. I felt like quite a dick standing there as there weren't placed settings and I didn't know ANYONE except Marie and her parents (obviously busy!). Luckily Marie's Aunt came to my rescue and invited me to sit with them. Dinner was lovely then we moved on to the speeches. They are both rather joking families so was pretty light hearted until it got to Marie's dad. He nearly had us all in tears as he got really choked up (twice!) while doing his speech.

Sunday I dragged myself out of bed early and headed up to Auckland. I couldn't find any friends to go along with me, so I tagged along with my Mum and her friends. We went to see Dirty Dancing! For those who have seen the movie (and know it off by heart like myself and Rachel!) then you will absolutely LOVE the stage show! It was over 2 hours long and a fantastic show. The guy who was playing Jonny Castle LOOKED like Patrick did back in the movie! It was well cast! I had a funny lady sitting beside me who kept mumbling certain lines that were coming up! Think we were all doing that in our head anyway! The KEY line was said in the final scene
"Nobody puts baby in a corner" was followed by lots of cheers and applause from the audience. It was fantastic!! I wish I had more money so I could go see it again!!! It was AWESOME!!!