Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Am I a freak or a geek?

Cameron had his birthday party on Saturday night - a Freaks and Geeks party! I raced around in the morning getting my Mother's Day present and the rest of my costume then unloaded Jo's stuff (she's moved into our house for nearly 3 months - mainly to look after Rach and the house while the rest of us are in Europe!).
While Cameron was off driving the truck to move Jo, I quickly decorated his cake - keeping with the geek theme!


We all scattered off to our own rooms to get into our costumes at about 5.30pm. After we managed to calm down from laughing at each other, we had the standard photo shoot! Click on my photo gallery on the menu on the right to view more "Freak and Geek" photos!

A few guests arrived and we fired up the BBQ for dinner! No potato bake this time but it was still just as good! (Nah, who am I kidding - but Rach deserved a break from it). A number of drinks we consumed and many jokes were told. There sadly was even a debate on the Laws of Physics and which order they are supposed to be in! Now THAT is geek-ish!!

Most headed off to town while Jo and I stayed back - we both had to get up early the next day.

Sunday was Cameron's actual birthday. I did think about going to jump on him to wake him up and wish him happy birthday, but now he's sharing a bed with Rach, I did't think that was such a good idea. Jo and I went to Camp Quailty reunion in Rotorua. It was great to catch up with everyone from summer camp (January 2006). I'm so looking forward to the next camp. Winter camp in September has us flying down to Christchurch for a long weekend! How awesome is that??!!!!

Sunday evening we went out with Cameron's family to Valentines Restaurant for dinner. Why is it that they always sit the big groups at the back of the restaurant, furtherest away from the buffet tables!! Didn't stop the boys though! Nothing like seafood, pavalova, steak and cheesecake, aye Cam?! (pretty much in that order too!!) I must admit I used to like Valentines but they have seriously gone downhill. Their meat selection was shocking! Never mind, it looks like Cam had a great day, which is the main thing!!