Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Last day in Tauranga

Sunday is my lazy day, and today was no different! Mum took Inger and Mogens for a walk along the Papamoa beach for a couple of hours. I washed my car (oh yes, I actually did it!) then sat and read a magazine in the lovely sun! Bring on summer!

We drove up the Minden to the lookout. They were obviously impressed with the view from there. For those who don’t know, it looks over the whole of Tauranga, Mount Maunganui and we could also see half way up the Coromandal Peninsula. A MUST SEE if you’re in Tauranga.


To finish a great week, we had to do the traditional fish and chips on the beach, complete with a bottle of L&P. Mogens quite liked it but think Inger was a bit hesitant. Afterwards, Mum took them for a hot pool swim at the Mount pools. Those pools are from a natural hot spring of salt water! I had to drive back to Hamilton to get up at 5.45am for work the next morning. What a way to be shaken out of holiday mode!



I had a fabulous week and I’m sure Inger and Mogens did too.
They are coming to Hamilton next weekend, so I didn’t have a problem saying goodbye……this time…