Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

First Christmas Party

I went to my first Christmas Party on Saturday. It was our work social club event. I'd only spent the past 6 months organising it!! Yay to it finally being here!

We met at Sky City at 3.30pm where most of us headed upstairs for a game of ten pin bowling. I managed to get on the team with the "younger" people. We had quite a few laughs and good times. I ended up coming second in our lane! I had a camera so I wasn't really concentrating on the game, just trying to get photos of everyone else.

After the game everyone sort of spread around the place as the bus wasn't picking us up until 6pm. I played a few games of pool with Steph and her boyfriend Jarod.

From there, we went to the Waipa Delta (which is a paddle boat that crusies up and down the Waikato River). We had a 3 hour cruise with a buffet dinner. We were on the top deck as there were 56 of us! For those who know the boat, the top deck is normally open. On this cold and windy night (not summer at all!!) they had the plastic windows, which we all know blocks out about 50% of the weather! Lucky I live in Hamilton, so I knew to expect cold weather. I took my winter jacket!

The only decent photo (and that's stretching the truth a little!) is this one of me and Steph, in our winter jackets on a "summer" cruise!