Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

1st Cake Decorating Class

I survived my first cake decorating class!

Last night we learnt different things about baking cakes, including a few handy tricks that I must remember! I'm so bad at making cakes!

The next thing we learnt was how to line a tin with baking paper. Baking paper?! Yes, I don't use it....much.... It was so easy! At least the tutor made it look that way. Square tins and cakes are way easier than round ones. Time to invest in a square cake tin I think!

Then we learnt how to cover a cake board. Yet again, square - MUCH easier! We had our own cake board there so we got to cover it. Mine is pretty silver! Next week we have to put a cake on it!!
MEANING I HAVE TO BAKE!!!
HELP!

So fingers crossed some sort of a miracle happens this weekend so I can make a cake that is suitable to ice. Next week we learn how to do that smooth, white icing that all the fancy cakes use!
Stay tuned....