Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Friday, November 04, 2005

My first finished cake!

So I finally did it! I completed my first cake! OK, it's a bit of a shocker, but what do you expect for a first attempt!


All we got taught this week was how to make bows and plaques! So that's all that's on my cake. I had people around tonight to try out my cake. Sadly, the icing tastes like crap! Well, it's so sweet and sickly that you have the tinest bit and you're sick of it already. With a cake this size, it is meant to feed about 40 people or something, so when everyone has a normal slice, I fully understand why nearly everyone didn't finish their icing. The cake underneath was YUMMY. Chocolate Devils Cake......Thanks Betty Crocker. Yes I must confess, it was a box cake.

I will try to make a fruit cake for my final lesson. That way I'll have something decent to put on it. Might make it for Christmas?!