Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Friday, December 16, 2005

I baked again!

My workmate had her 25th birthday on the 14th so I made her a cake (she doesn't bake). I wanted to have a play around with piping work, cause I haven't done much of that.

So I made the cake (sorry, I did a packet mix cause I haven't found a good chocolate cake recipe yet). Just put the cake frosting from the box on, then made up the piping icing (Royal Icing is the correct term).

We found out her favourite colour was blue, but it wasn't meant to come out as bright as it did. So below is photographic evidence of the cake, though I'm not too proud of it. The shells around the bottom were made from icing too runny, so it started to loose it's shape. Plus I wasn't good at writing numbers.

No, the 35th wasn't a mistake.......a wee joke we had with her at work.