Jacki's News

Read here to catch up on my latest news - cause we all know how bad I am with email!

Friday, December 30, 2005

It's just a playground battle......

Last night Pam and I went to see The Feelers at Brewers Bar 'Stadium of Rock' at the Mount. This was my birthday present to Pam for the 20th.

Firstly we met at Stars and Stripes for a quick bite to eat. It was good to just sit and catch up, just the 2 of us. Haven't seen much of her since she moved to Aussie (obviously). When we do see each other, it's usually surrounded by her many hoards of fans, so hard to get some time to just chat.

From there we went straight to the venue. As always, they didn't start on time, so we just hung around "chatting". Ok, it was more like yelling, as a tin shed carries sound far, especially with hundreds of people in it!

Ewen Gilmore (the "Westie" comedian) opened for The Feelers. A weird combination, I thought, bit he's one of my favourite comedians, so that was half the appeal to come. Must admit that most of his jokes were old ones, but you still find yourself laughing at them!

The Feelers did an acoustic set straight after Ewen, which only lasted about 6 songs. Then they had a break. Talk about dragging it out!!

Ewen came back after the break and did another set. The Feelers then came out and did a great show! I surprised myself by actually knowing quite a few songs of theirs! It's great when bands do their old stuff, even though I knew quite a few of their newer songs. Still would love to go to a concert where I can sing along to every song.

Concert finished about 12am so I just headed straight home.

Thanks for a great night Pam! Hope to do it again soon!!